File & Process News
- At a Glance - Macworld (blog) Thu, 21 Aug 2014 12:50:44 GMT
—one simply can't track tasks that aren't in the system. OmniFocus offers up a standard array of options for feeding the beast. You can, of course, create new actions from within the application itself. A
- Asana review: a full-featured task manager for iOS devices - PCWorld (blog) Mon, 04 Aug 2014 20:00:15 GMT
Asana's new iOS app capably serves iPhone and iPad users of the web-based task management services, with most of the features of the desktop browser version. Get It for Free · Share on Facebook · Share on Twitter · Share on Google+ · Share on LinkedIn ...
- How to kill unwanted processes and applications that slow down Windows - PCWorld (blog) Mon, 11 Aug 2014 14:35:08 GMT
But if Windows is overloaded, the problem is probably not applications, but processes--threads of code running in the background. So click the Processes tab. As I write this, the
- UK judge says 'freedom of information' means choice of digital file format - Washington Post (blog) Tue, 05 Aug 2014 16:05:44 GMT
PDFs can be the bane of open government advocates' existence: digital, yes, but often far more difficult to work with than other electronic
- Candidates can now file finance reports in searchable format with Vermont ... - vtdigger.org Mon, 18 Aug 2014 08:32:40 GMT
We encourage the 43 candidates who filed their July reports with us, as well as those who didn't, to utilize the state site this time as a good trial for next year, when it will become mandatory for candidates to
- Stuxnet Vulnerability Still Present on Millions of Machines - Infosecurity Magazine Mon, 18 Aug 2014 20:37:42 GMT
OS, which enables the download of the random dynamic library without the user's
- Microsoft patches 2 critical, 7 important flaws - Network World Tue, 12 Aug 2014 18:33:44 GMT
Deployment priority two starts with MS14-045, which patches three privately report bugs, including an elevation of privilege (EoP)
Recommended software for analysing files
Security Task Manager shows all running Windows tasks including embedded hidden functions (e.g. keyboard or browser monitoring, autostart entry). A unique security risk rating indicates the likelihood of the process being potential spyware, malware, keylogger or a Trojan.
Spyware Doctor detects and removes sleeping spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, malware and tracking threats from your hard disk. Ideal supplement to Security Task Manager.
SpeedUpMyPC scans, cleans, repairs and optimizes your computer.